Monday, May 07, 2007

playing catchup

so. the myspace blog has captured me. and the semester has to. and various other states of being. here i am playing catch-up and trying to make it all better.

this one is think is my favorite so far:

the current state of everything.

i can only hope. and dream. cling to that which i have and reach for that which i do not.

enjoy the support and love of my friends and family.

let negativity fall away like droplets of water on a duck's feathers. let it run rivulets down my window panes because it cannot affect me in the structure of my serenity.

take each day like the cherished object it is. think before i speak. think before i act. patiently await the time i am needed. be present, aware and strong when that time arrives.

be loyal to the death. be noble in my actions, truthful in my intent, and serene in my countenance. let no words of mine cause unjust pain and let all the words i speak be true to the truth in my heart.

love all creatures, human or otherwise. respect the divinity in all, and the humanity of my peers. cherish the individuality of everyone, though i may not agree with their choices or views.

appreciate the infinite subtleties of the human heart and experience that which i never thought i could. eliminate a personal agenda and the need for double meanings. never short on feelings. never short on joy.

never allow for misunderstandings. speak clearly, concisely and without preconceived notions of response. never take for granted what i think to be already understood. never let the sun go down on an argument. to let go of the petty and insignificant.

live to my needs but simply and efficiently. give back what i take to the earth in overabundance. help wherever i am able.

enjoy the fragile beauty of everyday occurrences. appreciate the simple joys to be found. never lose sight of that which made me happy as a child. laugh as if my soul depends on it for its existence. it does. to bring joy into the lives of everyone who brings joy into mine. and even to those who do not.

and most of all. love. love love love.

this is what i live by. what i strive to live by.

-Samantha Rose, 2007

No comments: