Tuesday, September 04, 2007

break on through

this is one from June, 2007.

someone asked me a question today. they meant it to be demeaning, belittling. but it didn't work. it got me to thinking.

"what is the inside of your mind like, woman?"

well, i'll tell you.

my mind is a mix. a mix of 1970 hawaii and 1870 antebellum south. of women's suffrage movement and the movement of tectonic plates. of crusades and inquisitions. of feudal japan and the futility of repression. of stone age and rock'n'roll. of paperweights and featherweights. spies and assassins. whiskey and vodka. cops and robbers. night and day.

my mind is the playing ground. a playing ground for a liberal, a moderate, a redneck, a hippie, an activist, an artist. a little old lady, a shy little girl. a rock star, a fallen star, a star getting her life back together. rehab is in style, you know.

my mind is about everything, and nothing at all. wise people know that they know nothing at all. semantics. philosophies. expositions. internalizations. externalizations. eternally.

my mind is infinity. and outside the capabilities of definitions.

No comments: